The District 71 website exists to facilitate communication within the AA service structure; serve area AA members and other individuals seeking information about our program of recovery; and help our district groups fulfill their primary purpose — which is to carry our message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
The website is owned by District 71 and managed by its Public Information Committee. The committee shall include three elected officers (PI Chairperson, PI Webmaster, District Secretary); plus other AA members as needed to fulfill its primary purpose. This committee is responsible for screening and approving all content submitted by district groups and members prior to publication.
The following guidelines set forth the types of content suitable for publication. They have been approved by the officers and voting members of District 71. Any disputes about content will be resolved by the PI Committee with district approval.
- All information presented must comply with the Twelve Traditions.
- The site will offer meeting schedules of all AA groups served by District 71.
- In the events section, content shall consist of notices for AA activities within District 71 as well as activities of the various service arms of AA such as Area, State and National gatherings.
- A link to the National GSO Website in New York will be included as well as other appropriate Area, State and Regional AA websites.
- A link to the AA Grapevine website will be included.
- Links to local websites of AA groups within District 71 are permitted.
- Links to websites of individual AA members and websites of other 12-Step Programs are not permitted. (e.g., Al-Anon, NA, OA, GA, DA, SA, CODA, Private Treatment Centers and Rehabs, etc.)
- Links to Google Maps for District 71 meeting locations are permitted.
- Links to domains outside of District 71 must open in a new window.
- All information must comply with applicable US copyright law.
- The site should be designed and coded with complete functionality for the widest array of computers. No Flash or Java animations or extensions specific to one type of web browsing software are permitted. Anti-spam measures for generic E-Mail addresses which may appear are permitted.
- No personally identifiable information about any AA member, living or dead is permitted. This includes names, street addresses, personally identifiable e-mail addresses and photographs.
REVISED: February 3, 2016